Calgary Gymnastics Centre Competitive Program for Men is dedicated to the pursuit of gymnastics excellence at all levels in an environment which promotes mutual respect, caring, and equality between athlete and coach. Coaches also aim to help athletes develop self-image, along with physical and mental strength through the training and competitive gymnastics experience. Though Mens Gymnastics is a highly individual sport, athletes of the Calgary Gymnastics Centre experience a sense of team pride and belonging along with a sense of accomplishment. Coaches also make every effort to accommodate the needs of each individual athlete to help them achieve their personal best. Athletes at the Calgary Gymnastics Centre will likely experience gymnastics at many different levels. However, the main objective of the Competitive Program for Men is to produce athletes that will perform at the highest provincial, national, and international levels.
- Provide a top quality program to ensure athletes achieve their personal best.
- Develop Canadian National Team athletes in Mens Artistic Gymnastics.
- Have our athletes learn how to set realistic and achievable goals and work towards obtaining them through hard-work, determination, and a strong work ethic.
- Provide top quality pre-developmental and developmental instruction that promotes advancement in the sport and creates a life-long passion.
- Athletes and coaches who work together in a mutually respectful environment.
As cited in our athlete contracts, each childs participation in the program is subject to continual evaluation. During the season all athletes are monitored and have to attain certain levels of physical abilities to meet National standards. Each child will be evaluated on their ability to perform physically and technically. Whether or not they will continue to be awarded a contract will be based on this evaluation and upon a review of their personal progress.