The Calgary Gymnastics Centre Competitive Program for Women strives to give athletes the opportunity to master correct skill and art necessary for high levels of achievement, to gain and maintain physical and mental strength, and attain goals through gymnastics development and competition experience. Although the sport is a very individual endeavor, Calgary Gymnastics Centre athletes experience a sense of team and club pride, plus a sense of belonging as well as accomplishments. While winning is always a goal, as with any other sport, attention is paid to each gymnast at their level to attain their personal best. Many Calgary Gymnastics Centre gymnasts are able to experience the sport at many levels, but the main objective is to represent the sport at the top provincial, national and international levels.
- Deliver a top quality program for long term success and legacy.
- Develop Canadian National Team athletes in Womens Artistic Gymnastics.
- Obtain Provincial, National and International successes.
- Have our athletes learn to reach realistic and attainable goals through determination, a strong work ethic, having great working relationships with their coaches, and realizing their personal potential.
- Create and maintain a pre-developmental and developmental program that creates and maintains passion for a lifetime.
As cited in our athlete contracts, each childs participation in the program is subject to continual evaluation. During the season all athletes are monitored and have to attain certain levels of physical abilities to meet National standards. Each child will be evaluated on their ability to perform physically and technically. Whether or not they will continue to be awarded a contract will be based on this evaluation and upon a review of their personal progress. Attitude and effort over the entire year in all areas of training and competition will also be considered.
For new members, entry into the program is made by selection and by trying out. Reviews are made every 3 months or so, on average. Try out classes may be granted on occasion to see if the program is the right fit for all parties concerned.